Friday, March 19, 2010

Semper fidelis

Semper fidelis is Latin for "Always Faithful" and it is the motto for the U.S. Marine Corps.  I had happened upon some Marine dress shirts, not knowing any thing personal about them, I decided to make an apron from them.  An apron in the wonderful magazine "Altered Couture"  (Feb, Mar, Apr 2010 edition page 17) a designer used men's dress shirts for an apron.  Actually the sleeves. This inspired me to make two aprons based off that idea. I took both long sleeves off of 2 shirts and a set of short sleeves off of one shirt.  The short sleeves became the pockets.  I had two neckties that I cut in half and used them for the apron ties.  A little yellow ribbon sewed on to show support for the troops.   Both aprons are for purchase - email me at rfthreads@yahoo.com if interested.

 You gotta love a Marine in uniform!


3 comments:

Cindi said...

These turned out absolutely adorable! I'm so proud of you. Semper fi!

Kim said...

Hi Starla! I'm following you now - feels as if I know you already after reading Cindi's blog...

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/04/easter-sunday-awards-to-fill-your-basket/

Happy Belated Easter!