Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet Baby Charlotte

I am glad to be back to Blogland and friends.  Much has happened since my last post, but I won't bore you with the drama-saga details.  :)  The most exciting thing that has happened to me during this interval - I became a grandma! Who knew that being a grandparent would be so exciting! Her name is Charlotte Francis and we met on January 28th.
Because of this and that, we knew scheduling my daughter's baby shower close to her due date that we could be in trouble and right we were! However I was able to make Charlotte an outfit to wear to the party.
WELCOME CHARLOTTE!!!

I used some material - Neapolitan  stripes and polka dot flannel- that was left over from covering her car seat. I will show how I did that in a future post.



Headband made from Neapolitan flannel with a vintage hankie flower and button center.

I added to a long sleeve white onesie a frilly accent with the striped and the polka dots and finished it off with 3 pink buttons.

For the skirt I used the Neapolitan striped fabric - I measured from her waist down to her knees, adding extra  for a casing for the elastic and a small hem. And I used a piece of scrap so that gave me the amount needed to go around. Before sewing the casing -  I cut a vintage hankie in half diagonal and placed it front as a faux apron.
The booties are may fave! I found the pattern here at - HELLOmynameisHeather - I came across this pattern back in '06 probably thinking I would make some for my son. Haha. Because she was such a newborn I resized it on my all-in-one printer until I got the perfect size. Here I used the Neapolitan polka dots on the outside and the stripes on the inside and bottom. And finished them off with a pink button
Introducing Miss Charlotte......

And here she is in her matching car seat....

I am so glad to be back. And I look forward to hearing from anyone who happens to drop by. When you leave a comment  let me know about your blog and I will be happy to take a browse in your neck of the woods.
Grammy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Starla! What a great page and what a great outfit/car seat. I am blessed by your creativity.